An important aspect of our mission is education. The Institute of Intercultural Studies runs two three-year long undergraduate programs and one two-year graduate program in Polish.
- International Cultural Studies is an interdisciplinary program offering a comprehensive intellectual formation inspired by classical education of liberal arts type. The program offers a coherent set of subjects in the history of culture and art, cultural criticism and issues related to contemporary culture. We learn our students to track cultural flows of ideas and things and develop such an competences as critical thinking or creativity.
- Intercultural relations is a field of study designed for people interested in social problems of globalized world. Our task is to educate specialists in the area of intercultural dialogue and social conflict resolution. As part of the program the following specializations are carried out: Intercultural communication and Mediation and work with minorities (at the undergraduate level) and Intercultural relations in tourism and Creating image in intercultural relations (at the graduate level).
Moreover, in the next academic year we intend to start post-graduate studies on Intercultural Competence in Business and Intercultural Education.
Courses in English
In addition to numerous clourses in Polish, the institute offers classes in English. We have recently offered to our students and guests from abroad the following courses in English:
- Decoding Culture
- Music in Cultures
- Sustainable Tourism and Cultural Development
- Global Migrations
- Iranian Cinema as Form of Cultural Modernity
- Politicized Ethnicity of Central-Eastern Europe
In the field of education, the Institute of Intercultural Studies cooperates with partner institutions from all over Europe. As part of the Erasmus + program, we host students from the following partner universities:
- Bulgaria: Sofia University „Saint Kliment Ohridski”
- Czech Republic: University of J. E. Purkyně, Ústí nad Labem and University of West Bohemia, Pilsen
- Germany: Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Italy: Università degli studi Roma Tre and Università degli studi di Milano, Mediolan
- Latvia: Latvia University of Agriculture
- Malta: University of Malta, Msida
- Portugal: Universidade de Coimbra and Universidade de Coimbra
- Slovakia: Matej Bel University, Banská Bystrica
- Spain: Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona
- Turkey: Istambul University, Istambul
If You want to learn moreIf you want to learn more about studies at the Institute of Intercultural Studies, write to Dr. Franciszek Czech (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you want to learn more about the Erasmus + program at the Institute of Intercultural Studies write an email to Dr Elżbieta Wiącek (email@example.com)